Self Guided Fishing
5 Days/6 Nights • $3,800.00
Includes orientation on the first day. Rates are per person. Youth rates of 16 years old and under are $500 less.
Here is what is included:
- On your arrival into Ketchikan, the day prior to your lodge stay, you will be booked into the awesome Cape Fox Lodge with wonderful views of the mountains or of downtown Ketchikan and the water.
- The following morning, vans will take you to the float planes which will fly you to the lodge.
- 5 full days of fishing at the lodge, weather permitting of course.
- Lamiglas rods, Shimano Tek 500 line counter reels with 40 lb. Power Pro Spectra, bait, flashers, divers provided plus hand tied double Gamakatsu 4/0 salmon red hook leaders. We also supply hoochies and coho flies for each fisherman. More flies available in the gift shop. Halibut rods and reels plus halibut jigs and bait are also supplied along with shark hooks and spears.
- Full service fish processing, which includes fileting, vacuum packing and boxing of catches. You take home all that you catch.
- Boat washing every evening
- Fueling every other day
- Staff assistance on the docks every morning after breakfast and when you arrive in the evening with your catch.
- A hot lodge breakfast in the morning plus Murtie’s famous dinners prepared by her and her staff after a day of fishing. Lunches packed every morning include homemade sandwiches, homemade cookies, snacks and drinks.
- Rooms cleaned and beds made daily.
- Your morning of departure, the float plane will fly you, your baggage and fish to the Ketchikan Airport.
If you want to go on the big water and big boat with our Captain, let us know and we will schedule you in. Our trips for halibut, ling cod and black bass, are half days. You fish for salmon from your boat the rest of the day. There is an additional $100 per person for the big boat guided fishing trip. Morning trips only.
We recommend a $50 per day, per guest gratuity, if you feel that the service was at, or beyond (we hope beyond) your expectations. The gratuities are split evenly with housekeeping/kitchen staff, boat washers, fish packer & fish processors.
A $1,000.00 deposit per person is due within 5 days to confirm and hold the reservation. You will be invoiced by March 1 for the balance of your payment.
For reservations made after February 1, 50% of the total package price is due within 5 days to confirm and hold your reservation. Checks, Visa and MasterCard are gladly accepted for all lodge transactions.
For comprehensive coverage that will cover forfeited payments, we recommend Sportsman’s Travel Insurance from AIG, or Allianz Travel Insurance.
We at Sea Otter Sound Lodge highly recommend travel insurance for your Alaska fishing trip. A Travel Insurance policy covers any type of emergency including medivac flights from the lodge to a hospital and liberal trip cancellation insurance. Typically, you must purchase travel insurance within 14 days of your deposit.
Deposits received are non-refundable unless Alaska Sea Otter Sound Lodge is able to fill the reserved space by another person or party. A cancellation fee equal to 50% of the total package price will be assessed to cancellations made less than 120 days before the lodge date. A cancellation fee equal to 100% of the total package price will be assessed to cancellations made less than 90 days before the lodge date. Travel insurance is highly recommended.
Alaska Sea Otter Sound Lodge, its staff, and vendors are not responsible for weather-related delays to the lodge or to the Ketchikan Airport.